Monday, January 30, 2012

Monthly Menu

I work from home and have a very busy day chasing kids around. I have tried planning menus weekly, bi-weekly and monthly and shopping that way as well and what works for us is monthly and I save money shopping that way as well. Now I still go for weekly milk,bread,bananas etc.... But those things I just dont have room to buy for the whole month. So we always have fresh fruit and veggies. But we have a budget and I cook, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and snacks. I have a In Home Daycare so I feed kids many things and I dont just heat something in microwave, I try to have a cooked meal for them at each meal and a nutritious snack. I have my menu planned for February and I have found some cute printable menus from a website I love the website it is www.anythingbutperfect.com I love checking it daily to see what is new. I first found the website on Pinterest (that sight is addicting) I try to be creative to keep a "chore" Fun. I try to make a few things and freeze ahead or have muffin mix made up in fridge I just scoop and bake. I have a 3 ring binder of my recipes and all our favorite meals we like to eat and then I look at it and make the menu.
Now for my menu, I am mixing it up a bit this month I hope this helps us that get stuck in a rut. I have Something New or Crockpot Monday (Pinterest recipes, crockpot favorites etc), Taco Tuesday (Tacos,Taco Bread,Enchiladas,Mexican Pile On), Wacky Wednesday (Breakfast for dinner, Chick Fil A, Leftovers) Thursday Matthew chooses his favorites ( Tortelinni, Creamy Chicken with Bowtie Pasta, Fish and Mac n cheese, Cereal, Beef Tips and Rice) Friday Brandon chooses (Beef Stroganoff, Ribs) Saturday and Sunday Simple fun family friendly meals easy cook and cleanup. Frito Pie, Hot Sandwiches,Chili Dogs, Corn Dogs, Chicken Fried Rice and Egg Rolls, Grilled Chicken Salad, Sandwiches,Hamburgers, Leftovers.
Well this kind of gives you an idea of what we have on the menu for February. If you would like recipes for anything or questions let me know. Now stay tuned for February Giveaway it will be coming soon.

Meals in the Terry House

Crockpot-
Fajitas, Creamy Chicken, Pork Chops, BBQ Chicken, Coke BBQ Sandwiches, Roast, Chicken with rotel for tacos, Chicken and Dumplins, Beef Tips and Gravy, Soups

Mexican (well not really,lol...)
Taco Bread, Tacos (crunchy and or soft), Mexican Pile On, Beef Enchiladas, Rice and Lentil Green Chili Enchiladas

Italian
Spaghetti, Chicken Spaghetti, Tortellini and Alfredo sauce, Lasagna, Pizza, Pizza Bread, Pullapart pizza bites
Other
Meatloaf, Ham and stuffing, Baked Fish, Rice Crispy Chicken, Hamburgers, Salmon Patties, Hot Sandwiches, Frito Pie, Chili Dogs, Cream Tuna and Rice, Pasta Salad, Breakfast for dinner, BLT Sandwiches and variety sandwiches, Cutlets and Gravy

Sides
Mashed Potatoes, Rice, Mac n cheese, Lots of Veggies, Rolls, Tx Toast, Stuffing, Noodles, Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment